Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Thursday, November 11th
----------------------
We woke up to another rainy morning, making our commutes to work that much more enjoyable.  Not only was it cold and rainy, but the wind was howling; my umbrella turned inside out four times on my walk to work!  Guess this is real London!
Both my boss and the girl I work with were out of the office today, so I thought it would pretty quiet.  After replying to a few emails, I settled into AOL and was trying to think of ways to keep myself busy for the next eight hours.  I didn't have to do this for long, though, as the Visual Merchandising department needed someone to go pick up product at the Brompton Road store.  I eagerly volunteered my services, and ten minutes later I was on the tube to Knightsbridge.  The store is only a few stores down from Harrods, so I got a peek at their high anticipated Christmas windows!  This year's theme is Peter Pan, and the displays are absolutely gorgeous.  Although I'm not sure if Peter and Wendy would be wearing the designer frocks the mannequins were sporting, it was quite a sight to see.  After stopping into the store and gathering what I needed, I was right back to Kensington.  Well almost - across the street walking back to the tube I spotted a Starbucks.  Since I had seen the red Christmas cups last week, I have been looking forward to a Gingerbread Latte, so I thought why not!  Warm drink in hand (sooo yummy and perfect for the weather!) I made my way back to Kelso with bags in hand.  After making the delivery to the very appreciative VM managers, I was back to making myself busy.  But again, I did not have to for that long; the PR assistant who sits next to me asked if I could clean out the product closet.  This closet, only steps away from my desk, holds multiples of every product offered by Crabtree & Evelyn - pretty much a spa lover's dream.  This ended up taking up the rest of my morning and afternoon, but I love these kinds of organizing things so it helped the time go by very quickly.  As I cleared and stacked and boxed, my co-workers and I were confusedly staring out the window the whole day; one minute it would be monsooning outside, and then next the Sun would be out!  So strange.  I managed to run out for lunch in between downpours, but came right back to spend the rest of the day continuing my closet work.  After what seemed like many, many hours, I had about ten boxes neatly stacked and ready to go to the outlet stores!  When everything was set, I left around 5, already sleepy from the fact that it was pitch black outside.
On the way home I made my usual quick stop at Waitrose before coming back to Courtfield for the night.  I chatted with friends and skyped with Molly as Lauren walked in the room, tired from yet another busy day at JPMorgan.  We mustered our energy and had a relaxing dinner with Allie before returning to our room and relaxing with our laptops.
Last day of work tomorrow before the weekend!!  I'm going to Covent Garden to do some market research for a new product line launching next year, so that should be a nice change from the office - wish me luck!
   xo Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment