Monday, November 1, 2010

Double Double Toil & Trouble

Sunday, October 31st
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
----
Although my parents weren’t getting picked up until 9:30 Sunday morning, the night before I must have looked as tired as I felt because they told me it would be silly for me to wake up at 7AM to go all the way to the Grosvenor, spend an hour with them, and then turn around and go back. So, with the help of the clocks going back, I was able to get in about a much-needed 9 hours of sleep.
After some laziness, Carolyn and I, along with a few other flatmates, headed to a club called “The Church”… the reason being it is only open from noon to 4 on Sundays. It is held in a theatre, about a 20-minute tube ride away, but this Sunday’s was more interesting than usual, with some pretty out of the ordinary costumes in our midst: some were very creative, some were just down-right bizarre. I’m happy we went: it was fun, but definitely an experience to be had. Scratch that off the list!
Afterwards, we headed back to South Ken and made a stop at the Gloucester Arms pub for some much needed food before heading back to Courtfield for an entire evening of lounging. Thanks to my parents deliveries, I was able to watch the final episodes of Top Chef and a few more of Project Runway. Add Taylor Swift and Jersey Boys to the mix and that pretty much sums up my night. Still exhausted, I was able to get to bed early; another long week is in our futures.
                Cheers,
                LC

No comments:

Post a Comment