Monday, November 29, 2010

Friday Freeze

Friday, November 26th
-----------
Working the day after Thanksgiving was not high on my priority list; working Thanksgiving day was bad enough! It had been a very long week, and if I couldn’t be participating in Black Friday shopping back home, all I wanted was some free time to relax and get things done (like work on the blog!). Instead, I woke up at 6:45, bundled myself up, and hit the streets for a frigid commute to work.
The morning was busy with sign-offs on a few projects, phone meetings with colleagues in NY, report updates, and, of course, entering more trades. By lunch time, I needed to get out of the office, so I headed to EAT (a take-away cafe of sorts) for lunch. It was only about a minute walk, but it was long enough. It's been the coldest November on record in London in 25 years, with no relief in sight. How lucky that I get to be part of that record breaking!
As soon as it was 6 o’clock, I dashed out of the office, very ready for the weekend. Back at our flat, I met up with Ashley, Maggie, and their friend Elizabeth (who is studying in Rome but goes to Wake as well). From there we headed back on the tube to Covent Garden for some delicious Mexican food at Wahaca to warm us all up. Although we had to wait an hour for a table, the food was definitely worth it (as always).
By the time we got back to Courtfield, it was almost 10:30. Carolyn met us back at the flat, where we, along with Ashley and Allie, talked for a while about our days and plans for the weekend before calling it a night. Although I attempt almost every evening to get to bed early, somehow it never happens. By the time everything was wrapped up, I got to bed around 1AM; but at least tomorrow morning we get to sleep in as long as we like!
          Cheers,
          LC

No comments:

Post a Comment