Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hello Cold!

Another morning, another outfit choice, another walk to work...except this time is was FREEZING.  Cold weather has most definitely arrived in London and is here to stay.  I pulled out my heavy dress coat for the first time, and was chilly even with that and a few more layers underneath.  Today was a quiet day at work; I spent the majority of it working on a competitor analysis report, so you'll be happy to know I can pretty much recommend any product from L'Occitane and the Body Shop if you ever need a referral.  During my lunch break, I returned to my beloved Whole Foods, where I was really wild and decided to go for a falafel wrap (I later found out Lauren had the exact same thing for lunch!  Except she seemed much more excited about hers, claiming it was the best she's ever had) instead of resorting to my usual choice of Mexican.  After a leisurely meal, I had to make another stop along High Street Ken.  Being the clever girl I am, I of course forgot to pack neutral tights for London, and I realized walking to work this morning with bare legs that this was a bad mistake.  My quest for said tights led me to T.K Maxx, where I spent about 20 minutes trying to find a suitable pair (neat displays are not their forte).  After purchasing them, I decided I needed to put them on before returning to the office lest my legs turn into popsicles, so I decided to sneakily pop into the American Apparel next door and slip them on in their fitting rooms.  The store here is actually a really good one; although I didn't have time to try anything on today, Lauren and I have decided to make a return trip asap.  Upon returning to the office, I got to partake in a taste test, as the woman in charge of the Crabtree food line (who sits right next to me and always has food out...bad) received samples for their Summer line of biscuits.  I got to try Lavender and Rosewater flavors, both surprisingly yummy.  After the rest of the afternoon was spent on continuing my report, I made the walk (my legs were now a lot warmer thanks to my afternoon purchase) back to Cromwell Road, making a quick dinner pitstop at Waitrose before heading home and meeting everyone in the kitchen.  We discussed our days and how our internships are going overall; for the most part everyone seems to like theirs, although I think we have all voted unanimously that we are pretty much always tired.
Now we're back in our room hoping the heater cranks up eventually.  Lauren and I just booked flights to Amsterdam for the end of November!  We're going with a bunch of our friends, so we're really excited!  Still on the agenda for tonight is Glee!  Half way through the week!!
  xo Carolyn

Sidenote: In reference to Lauren's statement of my excitement about seeing Lee Mead, I have posted a picture to show you why I was looking forward to seeing him.  He is just too cute!  Especially in his Fiyero costumes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment